The Student Administrative Council has been incorporated since April 16, 1975. While the original name of the corporation was the St. Lawrence College (Brockville) Student Association, this was changed in June of 1993 to its current name.
The Student Administrative Council is a corporation without share capital whose business is conducted without the purpose of monetary gain for its members. The original objectives of the corporation, as stated in its Letters paten, are:
1. to help ensure the rights of students as free individuals;
2. to promote extra-curricular activities that are in the interest of the student body;
3. to promote student body participation in community affairs;
4. to serve as a medium of communications between the student body, administration, and faculty; and
5. to serve as a bond between the student body and alumni
Our roles as your student government representatives is to ensure you are getting the quality education you deserve. We accomplish this mandate by representing the students’ interests in the College, at a local, provincial, and national levels. Additionally, we act as advisors and committee members for student complaints and academic appeals. All this is accomplished through our membership with the College Student Alliance (CSA). This crucial organization advocates for you, the student members, to the different levels of government.